You must read and agree to the following waiver in order to participate in this event.
- I acknowledge that participating in a Celtic Warrior Challenge LLC (“CWC”) obstacle course race challenge (“Event”) is a test of extreme physical and mental limits and carries the potential for serious injury and/or property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, injury caused by course obstacles, terrain, equipment, condition of athletes, weather, condition of the road, gastrointestinal discomfort, lack of hydration, actions of other persons including but not limited to, participants, coaches, spectators, event monitors, event officials, volunteers, and/or producers of the event. These risks not only pertain to the athletes and participants, but to the volunteers as well. I hereby assume all risks of participating and/or volunteering in this Event.
- I acknowledge that I am medically and physically fit, have been sufficiently trained to participate in this Event and have not been advised or otherwise disqualified to compete in this event by a qualified medical person.
- I acknowledge this Accident Waiver & Release of Liability (AWRL) form maintained and used by event organizers, sponsors and event holders, in events in which I may participate and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at this Event.
- In consideration of my application and CWC permitting me to participate in this Event,
I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows: A) Waive, Release and Discharge CWC, their officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, event Promoters, event holders, event volunteers, event participants, event sponsors, and event land owners from any and all liability for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, lost income or any other losses, actions or costs of any kind which hereafter may accrue to me by virtue of my training, participating in or travel to or from this event; B) Indemnify and Hold Harmless the entities and persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of any of my actions during this Event.
- In the event of accident, injury and/or illness during this event, I hereby consent to receive any and all medical treatment which may be deemed advisable. Furthermore, as a condition of my participation in the Event, if I do become injured or if I aggravate a preexisting injury (my “Injury”) while participating in the Event, I authorize the release of all medical information related to my Injury and the release of my complete health records related to my Injury to (the “Releasee”) and any insurance company that provides insurance which covers my Injury (the “Insurer”) by or through a Releasee. This authorization for release of information covers the period of healthcare beginning with the original advent of my Injury, whether at the Event, through such future period as determined by the Releasee. This medical information includes without limitation, all information related to medical treatment, care plan, hospital reports, progress notes, operative reports, medication reports, consultation, billing and claims payment. I understand that I have the right to revoke this authorization, in writing, at any time provided the revocation is not effective to the extent that a Releasee obtained my authorization as a condition of my participating in the Event.
- I acknowledge that during this Event or related activities, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the event organizers, producers, holders, sponsors and/or assigns. I further agree to waive all rights to inspect or approve the finished electronic, photograph, or printed matter that may be used now or in the future.
- IMPORTANT: I acknowledge that CWC and the organizers of this Event DO NOT provide insurance coverage for injuries that occur during the Event. Any and all costs related to those injuries are the responsibility of the individual participant.
- I acknowledge and agree to abide and adhere to all rules and regulations set forth by the event organizers of the Event, including understanding that all bicycles and skateboards are prohibited at this event.
- The AWRL shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
- I acknowledge there are no refunds in the event of inclement weather. I understand that the Event is to be run on the date selected in registration. In the event inclement weather conditions should require cancellation of the race before it is to start or early termination after it has started because of safety concerns, I understand that the race WILL NOT be rescheduled. I also understand and agree that my entry fee WILL NOT be refunded; however, credit will be issued for a future event.
- This agreement shall be construed, interpreted and applied in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to the principles of the conflict of laws.
- I hereby certify that I have read this document in its entirety and fully understand its content and terms. I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING BELOW, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE CWC, their officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, event Promoters, event holders, event volunteers, event participants, event sponsors, and event LANDOWNERS. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE A WAIVER AND COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY DUE TO THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR THE INHERENT RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT.
WAIVER: I, the undersigned participant (and my parent or guardian if I am younger than 18 years of age), intending to be legally bound, do hereby forever release and waive any and all rights, claims, and actions for damages that we, our heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns may have, or that may hereafter accrue against any and all persons, organizations, and other entities associated with the event, including, but not limited to Race Entry, OCRaddix, USA Track and Field, sponsors, affiliates, volunteers, Celtic Warrior Challenge, and individual Celtic Warrior Challenge organizers, arising out of or in connection with my involvement before, during, or after the event.
I verify that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in this event and I assume the risks involved in this activity. I further attest that I will be mindful of traffic along the race course, and hold said sponsors and organizers blameless in any harm that may happen.
I also acknowledge understanding that the charge to my card will show up as Race Entry. I acknowledge that the online processing fees and charitable donations are non-refundable. I also acknowledge that any charitable donations will have 4.97% withheld from the donation to pay credit card and administrative costs.
Race Entry and its partner OCRaddix shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages including, but not limited to, loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible loses. Race Entry and its partner OCRaddix does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information contained in, or provided in conjunction with the http://www.raceentry.com website. Race Entry and its partner OCRaddix is not responsible for any omissions or inaccuracies, or for the results obtained from this information.
Race Entry and its partner OCRaddix facilitates registration for various events, some of which allow participants under the age of thirteen (13). We require a submission of birth date for all registration entries. For children under the age of thirteen (13), parental or guardian consent is required.
You agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Utah, USA, will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and Waiver. You irrevocably consent that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Race Entry and its partner OCRaddix relating to this Agreement and Waiver resides in the courts of Utah, and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Utah in conjunction with any such dispute including any claim involving Race Entry and its partner OCRaddix.